Section 41 of the Lotteries and Gaming Act, 2016 gives the Board mandate to award license. An application for a license under the law shall be made to the Board and the application shall be in the prescribed form and shall;
- Specify the activity for which a license is required and the type of license;
- Where the applicant is an individual, state the age of the applicant;
- Where the applicant is a company, the age of the shareholders;
- Specify the address of the applicant;
- Be accompanied by the prescribed fee; and
- Be accompanied by the prescribed information or documents.
Section 42 of the Lotteries and Gaming Act states that Processing of application by the Board shall examine the application and;
- Shall take into account the suitability of the applicant to carry on the activities for which the license is required;
- May Consider the suitability of any gaming and betting machine proposed to be used in connection with the activities for which the license is required; or
- May consider the suitability of any other equipment proposed to be used in connection with the activities for which the license is required.
In determining the suitability, the board takes into account the following;
- The integrity of the applicant or of a person relevant to the application;
- The competence of the applicant or of a person relevant to the application to carry on the licensed activities in a manner consistent with this Act;
- The financial and other circumstances of the applicant or of a person relevant to the application, including, the resources likely to be available for the purpose of carrying on the licensed activities.
After investigating and inquiring into the matters stated in the application, the Board shall within twenty one days after receiving an application
- Approve the application and issue a license;
- Reject the application; or
- Approve the application and issue a license in respect of one or more of the activities specified in the application and reject it in respect of the others.
Where the Board rejects an application in whole or in part, the Board shall within fourteen days notify the applicant of the rejection, and specify the reasons. A person aggrieved by the decision of the Board, shall appeal to the Minister. The chairperson of the Board shall sign the license where the Board recommends that a license may be issued. The Board shall gazette licenses issued and applications rejected.
- Proof of incorporation
- Investment certificate for Foreign applicants
- Recent Annual forms of returns of a company with share capital
- Proof of physical location
- Most Recently Audited books of accounts
- Bank account Details
- Security Guarantee
- License Fees
- Application License fees for new applicants
- Business Plan
- Rules and Descriptions of games and Equipment
- Details of company shareholders, directors and key employees
- Memorandum and articles of association